The Messermeister Oliva Elite 5" Cheese and Tomato Knife is the perfect addition to any cheese plate. This knife is hand-crafted from the finest German stainless steel. The serrated, wavy edge is suitable for cutting a wide variety of cheeses, tomatoes, and any other soft skinned fruit or vegetable. The fork tip is designed to move pieces from the cutting board to a plate. Marry this wonderfully timeless blade to a highly figured, golden piece of natural olive wood to boast the best of vintage artisanal cutting instruments from yesteryear.
- The German 1.4116 stainless carbon alloy blade resists stains and corrosion, exhibits toughness and durability, holds its edge retention, and is easy to re-sharpen to a razor-like edge.
- This knife line is one-piece, hot-drop hammer forged, which produces the strongest blade from heel to tip. The blades are heat treated and cooled to achieve a Rockwell of 57-58.
- The three-step, 15° Elite edge is hand stropped on a cloth wheel, creating the sharpest possible cutting surface on an edged tool.
- The bolsterless heel simplifies all cutting, sharpening and honing tasks, making use of the entire blade from heel to tip.
- Handcrafted in the historic cutlery capital of Solingen, Germany.
- The Knife for Life™ guarantee provides a lifetime warranty against material and manufacturing defects.
- 100% Messermeister quality
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Do not place in dishwasher.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Oil the wood handle as needed with food-safe mineral oil.