The Messermeister Ventura Kullenschliff Santoku is a Japanese chef's knife with the same versatility found in a traditional chef's knife. It has a thin taper for maximum precision when slicing vegetables, fish and meat. The alternating kullenschliffs (a.k.a. kullens, hollows or grantons) on either side of the blade, reduce adhesion and ease the cutting and separation of meats, cheese and vegetables. The stamped blade and handle are compatible in width and weight, resulting in a well-balanced knife.
- The blades are precision stamped from a single piece of German 1.4116 stainless steel. They resist stains and corrosion, exhibits toughness and durability, holds its edge retention, and is easy to re-sharpen to a razor-like edge.
- This knife line is one-piece stamped, which produces a thin and lightweight blade. They are heat treated and cooled to achieve a Rockwell of 57.
- The edge is hand honed and polished to an optimal 15° cutting angle for maximum sharpness.
- The rustic Brazilian Cherry Wood handles are hand finished, ergonomically shaped, and triple riveted to a full-tang blade for comfort. Each handle is completely unique and one-of-a-kind.
- Crafted in the Portugal.
- The Knife for Life™ guarantee provides a lifetime warranty against material and manufacturing defects.
- 100% Messermeister quality
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Do not place in dishwasher.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Oil the wood handle as needed with food-safe mineral oil.