San Moritz Elité knife collection by Messermeister provides a unique personalization plate on a completely molded, ergonomic, contemporary handle series. The blade, bolster and tang are one piece, hot-drop, hammer forged from a single billet of the finest German 1.4116 steel alloy and outfitted with durable industrial strength molded handles. The steel is heat treated and cooled to achieve a Rockwell of 57-58, and the three-step, 15° Elité edge is hand stropped on a cloth wheel, creating the sharpest possible cutting surface on an edged tool. San Moritz Elité knives are handcrafted and polished one at a time by 3rd and 4th generation cutlery artisans in Solingen, Germany.
The Messermeister San Moritz Elité 8" Kullenschliff Carving Knife, has a narrow spear-point, fine-edge blade that is used for small to medium carving chores. It separates meat from the bone and slices it into thin serving portions. The alternating kullenschliffs (a.k.a. kullens, hollows or grantons) on each side of the knife reduce drag and prevent items from sticking to the blade.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Do not place in dishwasher.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- The German 1.4116 stainless carbon alloy blade resists stains and corrosion, exhibits toughness and durability, holds its edge retention, and is easy to re-sharpen to a razor-like edge.
- This knife line is one-piece, hot-drop hammer forged, which produces the strongest blade from heel to tip. The blades are heat treated and cooled to achieve a Rockwell of 57-58.
- The three-step, 15° Elité edge is hand stropped on a cloth wheel, creating the sharpest possible cutting surface on an edged tool.
- The bolsterless heel simplifies all cutting, sharpening and honing tasks, making use of the entire blade from heel to tip.
- Handcrafted in the historic cutlery capital of Solingen, Germany.
- The Knife for Life™ guarantee provides a lifetime warranty against material and manufacturing defects.
- 100% Messermeister quality