San Moritz Elité knife collection by Messermeister provides a unique personalization plate on a completely molded, ergonomic, contemporary handle series. The blade, bolster and tang are one piece, hot-drop, hammer forged from a single billet of the finest German 1.4116 steel alloy and outfitted with durable industrial strength molded handles. The steel is heat treated and cooled to achieve a Rockwell of 57-58, and the three-step, 15° Elité edge is hand stropped on a cloth wheel, creating the sharpest possible cutting surface on an edged tool. San Moritz Elité knives are handcrafted and polished one at a time by 3rd and 4th generation cutlery artisans in Solingen, Germany.
The Messermeister San Moritz Elité 17 Piece Premier Block Set consists of an 8" Chef's Knife (E/2686-8), 7" Kullenschliff Santoku Knife (E/2610-7K), 9" Bread Knife (E/2699-9), 8" Kullenschliff Carving Knife (E/2688-8K), 6" Utility Knife (E/2688-6), 5" Scalloped Utility Knife (E/2685-5), 3.5" Paring Knife (E/2691-3.1/2), 6 each of the 4.5" Multi-Edge Steak Knife (E/2683-4.1/2), 6" Straight Carving Fork (E/2807-6), 10" Steel (5100-10F), Take-Apart Kitchen Scissors (DN-2070), and 16 Slot Wood Knife Block (DKB-16RW).
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Do not place in dishwasher.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- The German 1.4116 stainless carbon alloy blade resists stains and corrosion, exhibits toughness and durability, holds its edge retention, and is easy to re-sharpen to a razor-like edge.
- This knife line is one-piece, hot-drop hammer forged, which produces the strongest blade from heel to tip. The blades are heat treated and cooled to achieve a Rockwell of 57-58.
- The three-step, 15° Elité edge is hand stropped on a cloth wheel, creating the sharpest possible cutting surface on an edged tool.
- The bolsterless heel simplifies all cutting, sharpening and honing tasks, making use of the entire blade from heel to tip.
- Handcrafted in the historic cutlery capital of Solingen, Germany.
- The Knife for Life™ guarantee provides a lifetime warranty against material and manufacturing defects.
- 100% Messermeister quality