The Messermeister Asian Precision 7.25" Kullenschliff Santoku Knife, also known as a Japanese Chefs Knife, is a wide blade knife with an overall thinner spine and taper than a French or German style Chefs Knife. The thin taper (or blade thickness) is lengthened to give it maximum precision when slicing. The 7" Santoku Knife is one of the worlds most popular knives.The spine runs parallel to the relatively flat cutting edge, which has a bolsterless heel and only curves near the tip to create a broad bladed knife similar in shape to a cleaver. The alternating kullenschliffs (a.k.a. kullens, hollows or grantons) on each side of the knife reduce drag and prevent items from sticking to the blade.
- Made in Seki, Japan
- One-piece, fully stamped
- Ergonomic balance
- Full tang
- 3 Rivet construction
- Paper pakkawood composite handle
- 57-58 Rockwell
- The Knife for Life™ guarantee provides a lifetime warranty against material and manufacturing defects.
- 100% Messermeister quality
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Do not place in dishwasher.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.