Roasted Asparagus with Basil, Garlic and Kalamata Olives
- Aluminum-foil lined baking sheet
- 8 inch chef’s knife
- 2 pounds asparagus, snapped and either left whole or cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup California or Kalamata black olives, cut in half
- coarse sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Prepare baking sheet and lightly coat with olive oil.
- Wash and trim asparagus; dry and place in a mixing bowl. Toss with enough olive oil to lightly coat each piece.
- Add the basil, garlic, olives, salt and pepper, and gently mix. Arrange on the baking sheet.
- Roast for about 10 – 15 minutes (depending on thickness of asparagus). Serve warm or at room temperature.