Pear, Arugula and Pancetta Salad
Makes 4-8 servings
- 2 oz (4 to 5 slices) pancetta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 firm – ripe pears
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup arugula
- 6 oz mozzarella (grape tomato size), left whole or cut in half
- Cook pancetta in a skillet over moderate heat, turning frequently until just crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain (pancetta will crisp as it cools). Tear into bite size pieces.
- Cut Pears in half lengthwise, core and cut into 1/4-inch thick slices. Add pears to dressing along with lettuce, arugula, cheese and pancetta. Toss to mix thoroughly.
- 1 tablespoon Chapagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mild honey
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- In a salad bowl, whisk together vinegar, honey, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Add oil in a slow stream, whisking until combined well.