Halibut with Avocado Fresca
A “Messy” Recipe
Contributed by Samantha Lawhon
Makes 2 servings
- 2 halibut fillets, seasoned with salt and pepper (cooking time will vary depending on the size of fillets)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup ripe but firm Avocado – cut into small cubes
- ½ cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp lime juice
1. First, prepare the Avocado Fresca by simply mixing all the prepared ingredients above and set aside.
2. Blot dry the fish fillets, drizzle both sides with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. In a med/high heat grilling pan, cook the fish fillet until done, 5 to 7 minutes per side depending on the size of the fillet. (The fish is fully cooked when it is white and non translucent.)
3. Plate the fish and top with the Avocado Fresca.
Great with a fresh green salad and your favorite glass of Chardonnay!