Corn, Mango, and Black Bean Salsa with Fresh Tortilla Chips
A “Messy” Recipe
Contributed by Chef Mike C. from Kitchen On Fire
Messermeister, Inc. hosted Chef Mike C. from Kitchen On Fire who laid down some impressive knife skills at the Gourmet Show in San Francisco, CA on August 8-10th, 2009. To demonstrate his skills, he made a delicious Black Bean, Corn and Mango Salsa. The jalapenos gave it just the perfect kick!
- 1/2 small red onion minced
- 1 small red bell pepper minced
- 1 to 3 jalapeno pepper, minced; with seeds (hot) without seeds (mild)
- 3 fresh, raw ears of white corn, shucked
- 1 medium mango diced
- 1/4 to 1/2 bunch cilantro minced
- 1 1/2 cup black beans cooked, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- Salt & pepper as desired
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 15 each corn tortillas, cut into wedges
- 15 each flour tortillas, cut into wedges
- Salt and pepper to taste
Wok & strainer
Sheet tray with paper towels
Mix all ingredients from the corn through the cilantro. Season with salt and pepper and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
Heat the oil in a wok to a tempature of 375 degrees.
In small batches, deep fry the tortillas until golden brown. Remove to a paper towel lined sheet tray and season with salt and pepper.