All of Messermeister’s customers that took a sip of this cocktail at the 2009 International Home & Housewares Show in Chicago loved it! We had so many requests for the recipe that I decided to post it. It was served with Stefan Richter’s Thai Lobster Bisque.
- 2 ounces Vodka
- 2 ounces Soho Lychee Liquor
- 1 1/2 ounces Fresh Lemongrass Syrup, recipe follows
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice (about 1 juicy lime)
- Very thin slice lime or spear of a fresh lemongrass frond, for garnish
Fill a cocktail shaker or small pitcher with ice. Add the vodka, lychee liquor, lemongrass syrup, and lime juice. Cover and shake vigorously, or stir, until combined and chilled, about 30 seconds. (In general, by the time the shaker mists up the drink is ready.) Strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with lime on the rim or the lemongrass spear in the drink. Serve.
Ingredients for homemade Fresh Lemongrass Syrup:
- 2 stalks fresh lemongrass, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
Place the lemongrass, water, and sugar into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, partially covered, for 15 minutes. Strain the mixture and cool. Cover and refrigerate for up to a week.
Yield: 2 cups